Downend School Uniform has been designed to be formal, not fashionable. All students are expected to wear the school uniform with PRIDE.
Please CLICK HERE for our school information booklet regarding the school uniform, including PE Kit and Outerwear.
What happens if my child does not wear the correct uniform?
The vast majority of our students wear our uniform with pride and we appreciate the support of parents and carers.
Any student who is not wearing the correct uniform for any reason must speak to their tutor on arrival at school in the morning. A decision about the actions resulting from this will be made and parents contacted. A list of potential actions is shown below:
- A non-uniform card may be deemed appropriate depending on the uniform issue and reason. This will be valid for one day only and needs to be shown to all staff on demand on request.
- An opportunity will be given for a student to correct their uniform/change into the correct uniform, using the stock of uniform that we keep in school.
- Parents may be contacted to bring in the correct item.
- A student may be sent home to change their uniform. Parents will be informed before this happens.
- A student may be isolated in school, including social times, for any refusal to correct/change their uniform.
- Persistent refusal to wear the correct uniform in the correct way will result in an escalation of sanctions which may include them being suspended from school.
Staff will not negotiate with students. Correct uniform must be worn and the decision by staff is final.
Please ensure that all items of uniform are clearly marked with the student’s name and tutor group.
Uniform Suppliers Information
You can purchase on-line by visiting the website of Monkhouse
Monkhouse Schoolwear Specialists
Unit 1 Simmonds View
Bristol BS34 8HR
Tel: 0161 4767216
We welcome donations of any pre-worn Downend School uniform to be recycled please; all sizes and items would be appreciated including skirts, blazers, ties and PE kit. Please bring your items to the main reception or you can send them in with your child and ask them to drop at the student centre if preferred. Many thanks for your support.